- Approximately 1.5 kg of cleaned octopus (eyes, viscera, beak and ink bag removed)
- 1 glass of dry white wine (not sparkled sparkling wine)
- 1/4 cup of black pepper
- 2 lemons and additional lemon slices for serving
- 1 wine cork
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
In a large saucepan, place the octopus with the wine, pepper, half a lemon, mushrooms, and garlic. Cover with 3 cm of water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
Lower the heat and cook the octopus until it pierces with a sharp knife. (about 45 to 90 minutes)
Strain the water and let the octopus come to room temperature.
Prepare the barbecue, barbecue or stove you will grill. Prepare for octopus by preheating. Clean the grill and grease it well so that the octopus does not stick.
Season the octopus with a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the octopus on the grill and cook until both sides are juicy but well browned. (about 3-4 minutes per side)
Cut off the octopus tentacles, place on a plate and season with remaining olive oil, juice of another lemon, salt and pepper. You can serve it immediately or at room temperature with lemon slices.